Here's your chance to give some time to the LPL and meet some like-minded people.
A book-sorting session will run from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15, in the Carman Community Room.
Volunteers are needed to go through books left in the blue bins in our underground parking garage or at the customer service desk for the September 2018 Used Book Sale Down Under.
If you can come help for an hour, two, or the whole time, please register at https://tinyurl.com/yaj4symj.
We'll tell you how to get things done.
– Communications Specialist Mark Bialczak #librariesofinstagram#lib#publiclibraries#liverpool#liverpoolny#usedbooksales#volunteersneeded
Custodian Tony Veri has been working hard to make sure our sidewalks and entrances are clear and safe for the LPL‘s 9 a.m. opening this Wednesday, Dec. 13, in the snowy Village of Liverpool.
Of course, if you’d rather do your library work at home, services are available at https://www.lpl.org.
— Communications Specialist Mark Bialczak #librariesofinstagram#libraries#publiclibraries#liverpool#liverpoolny#opentoday
All it takes is one good snow to make our world here at the LPL look oh-so-different.
It's peaceful on our corner of Tulip and Second streets in the Village of Liverpool this Tuesday, Dec. 12.
So far, there are only one set of steps to venture into the world of the StoryWalk, dinosaurs and musical instruments on the Dinosaur Garden lawn.
Yes, that would be those of the photographer.
Do you dare come for some outdoor adventure?
– Communications Specialist Mark Bialczak #librariesofinstagram#libraries#publiclibraries#liverpool#liverpoolny#snowincny#dinosaurgardenlawn
There's more to Men's Health magazine than the name suggests.
LPL cardholders can check out monthly stories that explore fitness, relationships, nutrition, careers, grooming, travel and, yes, health issues via https://www.rbdigital.com/liverpoolny/service/magazines/landing.
Yes, it's free.
– Communications Specialist Mark Bialczak #librariesofinstagram#libraries#publiclibraries#menshealthmagazine#digitalmagazines
Ready for a crafty day at the LPL? The agenda for Tuesday, Dec. 12, features three sessions that call for the creative side of life.
Children of all ages can enjoy 'Drop In Crafts' with seasonal activities from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Children's Room.
Kids from 4 to 8 can appreciate 'Drop In Craft and Storytime' from 4:15 to 5 p.m. in the Sargent Meeting Room.
Adults get their chance at 'Card Making and Papercrafts' from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Carman Community Room. There's a $15 supply fee, and you must register at http://calendar.lpl.org/ for this one. This popular monthly session runs its afternoon session from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 13.
– Communications Specialist Mark Bialczak #librariesofinstagram#libraries#liverpool#liverpoolny#publiclibraries#crafts#childrenscrafts#cardmakingandpapercrafts
You can join the food drive led by Assemblyman Al Stirpe by dropping items into the decorated box in the LPL's big room.
The mission to raise canned and boxed food to be distributed by https://foodbankcny.org/ runs to up to Wednesday, Jan. 3.
There's a need for canned tuna, dried beans and legumes, soup and stews, fruits and vegetables; boxed dinner mixes, rice, pasta, grains, cereals and oatmeal; peanut butter; and dried fruit.
– Communications Specialist Mark Bialczak #librariesofinstagram#libraries#publiclibraries#foodrive#alstirpe#foodbankofcny
Holiday music alert: Big Mike Fiss has donated a batch of the Greatest Hits volume of his 'Christmastime in Syracuse' CD series so we can sell them in our gift shop collection for the 'wow' price of $5.
Proceeds benefit the library.
All 15 volumes are available for checkout for LPL cardholders, on display in the main room and through the online catalog.
– Communications Specialist Mark Bialczak #librariesofinstagram#libraries#publiclibraries#liverpool#liverpoolny#christmasmusic#syracusemusic#bigmikefiss
The Santas from Around the World display is up for display on top of the shelves in the main room of the LPL.
Make sure you take a look at the diverse characters who carry gifts and legends to children through generations around the globe.
Don't forget the three Wise Men and camel looking over them, too.
The collection was presented to the library by the folks at the former Ste. Marie Among the Iroquois, where it was proudly part of the annual Christmas festivities.
– Communications Specialist Mark Bialczak #librariesofinstagram#libraries#publiclibraries#liverpool#liverpoolny#santasfromaroundtheworld
Paula J. Fulco placed 13 of her pieces on the walls of the LPL lobby to hang through December for the exhibit 'Painting Perspectives.'
She explains in an accompanying artist statement: 'Each individual has a different journey and goals. My goal as an artist is to interpret my subjects (whether people or animals) in watercolor in a photorealism or my own style of realism showing a representation of the familiar.'
Be sure to check them out when you visit the LPL this month.
– Communications Specialist Mark Bialczak #librariesofinstagram#libraries#publiclibraries#liverpool#liverpoolny#artinthelobby#watercolors#paulajfulco
The Mitten Trees are up and calling for warm items to help the needy of our community.
One tree stands proudly in the main room. The other, sponsored by the Liverpool Community Chorus, can be found in the Carman Community Room.
They're waiting for handmade or purchased mittens, gloves, hats and scarves.
You can attach them to the tree or place them underneath through Monday, Dec. 18. Then we'll bring them to the Food Pantry at St. Joseph the Worker Church in the Village of Liverpool, where they'll be distributed to those in the community who need them.
Last year, more than 300 items were donated.
– Communications Specialist Mark Bialczak #librariesofinstagram#libraries#publiclibraries#mittens#mittentree
Come join LPL staffers and get ready for the Village of Liverpool’s Annual Christmas in the Park and Tree Lighting.
We’ll contribute Storytime and Crafts from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 3, in the Carman Community Room.
Santa arrives in Johnson Park at 6 p.m.
– Communications Specialist Mark Bialczak
Michelle Jordan of the Interreligious Food Consortium this morning of Tuesday, Nov. 28, picked up the items dropped into the donation barrel in the LPL's main room for this year's food drive.
Jordan said she's been working with the organization that helps the pantries that feed the hungry of Onondaga County for 16 years, and has been coming to the LPL for generous pick-ups such as this annually.
Good job all around for a significant cause.
– Communications Specialist Mark Bialczak #librariesofinstagram#libraries#publiclibraries#liverpool#liverpoolny#fooddrive#interreligiousfoodconsortium